IMMANUEL LUTHERAN'S ATHLETIC PHILOSOPHY
To Know Christ is to Share His Love - Our mission is to mature our students spiritually and academically to their highest standards. In partnership with home, school, and church, we strive to develop disciples of Jesus Christ.
One of the major goals of the athletic program is to help students learn to apply Christian principles to their lives. Dealing with success, as well as frustrations and failure, understanding team work, and maintaining a proper Christian attitude in sports and in daily life is our goal. The athletic program strives to develop technically correct physical skills, physical conditioning, commitment to team concepts, self-discipline, priority-setting, the encouragement of others, perseverance, and the earning of playing and a position on the team.
Athletic Program Goals
1) To teach our athletes to be thankful for their God given talents.
2) That all of life is worship, including athletics.
3) To practice Christian love among students, parents, and coaches.
4) To provide Christian discipline when a problem arises.
5) To develop character traits such as responsibility, leadership, sportsmanship, teamwork, and self-control.
6) To stimulate school spirit and pride without compromising respect toward others.
7) To develop fundamental skills and knowledge of the rules of respective sports.
8) To prepare our athletes for high school level athletics.
9) To provide a positive athletic experience for each athlete and to encourage a lifelong enjoyment of sport and recreational activities.
SPORTS OFFERRED AT IMMANUEL LUTHERAN:
- Cross Country (4th-8th grade)
- Girls' Volleyball (5th-8th grade)
- Soccer (5th-8th grade)
- 5th & 6th Grade Girls' & Boys' Basketball
- 7th & 8th Grade Girls' & Boys' Basketball
- Track (4th-8th grade)
- Girls' Softball (6th-8th grade)
The athletic program at Immanuel refers to competitive sports between schools, as an after school extra-curricular event. Having school teams provides the student body with events beyond academics to develop school spirit. Our athletic program is an extension of the overall school ministry here at Immanuel. The aim of Immanuel athletics is to facilitate the goals of Immanuel Lutheran School through sports activities. We follow the Mission Statement of our school -