Chromebook Loan Agreement
STUDENT: I have read this Chromebook Loan Agreement. I understand and will abide by the Technology Agreement Policy. I further understand that with any violation of the guidelines outlined below, school disciplinary or legal action may be taken.
PARENT/GUARDIAN: As the parent or guardian of this student, I have read this Immanuel Chromebook Loan Agreement. I understand that the laptop access is designed for educational purposes. I recognize it is impossible for Immanuel to restrict access to all controversial materials and I will not hold Immanuel responsible for materials acquired on the network. Further, I accept full responsibility for supervision when my child’s use is not in a school setting. I hereby give permission to issue a device intended for my child and certify that the information contained on this form is correct.
BOTH STUDENT & PARENT/GUARDIAN:
- Damage/Repairs: If a laptop is damaged beyond repair and needs to be replaced, Immanuel will evaluate replacement options on a case by case basis. A student may be held responsible for some or all of the replacement costs and possible disciplinary action.
- Theft/Vandalism/Fire: In cases of issues due to theft, vandalism, fire and other criminal acts; parent/guardians should report to the school office. The school will connect the family to a youth officer that can help file a police, or fire, report. This report MUST be filed by the parent/guardian in order for a replacement laptop to be requested.
Student Pledge for Chromebook Use:
- I will take care of my laptop by protecting it from extreme hot and cold temperatures, keeping food and beverages away from it, and transporting it safely to and from school.
- I agree to the terms and conditions of the Technology Agreement Policy.
- I will be the primary user of the my laptop and never loan it to other individuals.
- I will never leave my laptop unattended in an unsecure location.
- If my laptop is not working properly, I will inform the school. I will not attempt any repairs on my own or through someone other than Immanuel.
- I will not place decorations (such as stickers, markers, etc.) on the Chromebook.
- I understand that the Chromebook is subject to inspection at any time without notice.
- I understand that damage or loss caused by neglect or abuse will be reviewed on a case by case basis. As with the assignment of textbooks, I could be held partially or fully responsible for damages/loss.