We long for the day to gather and see each other face to face! That day is coming and these are the steps we will be taking to safely and responsibly reopen. Please hold these plans with an open hand, being flexible and adaptable, and continue to help us through your prayers and patience. We are looking ahead with excitement and without fear because we know God is in control and He will continue to see us through this. We thank God for you all!
Phase One – Takes effect once stay-at-home order is lifted (anticipated May 29)
Overview: Our primary weekend worship will continue online. Along with online worship, we will be holding communion devotion services in the worship center on Saturday mornings June 13th and June 20th.
- Online weekend worship will be recorded from the Worship Center and will continue to be livestreamed Sat 5pm, Sun 8am, 9:30am and 11am and Mon 7pm
- Communion devotions will be Saturday from 9am-noon June 13th and June 20th
- We will hold the communion devotion in 20-minute time slots.
- Pre-registration will be required to help manage the flow of people. Pre-register here for June 13th. Pre-register here for June 20th. We will be sectioning off the worship center into areas where a family unit may come and commune while staying well within the social distancing guidelines.
- Communion devotions will be touchless. You will be able to enter, worship and exit without touching anything except the seat you sit in and your individual communion elements.
- We will be working with health department guidelines to create the sections in the Worship Center.
- There will be extra cleaning in between groups to keep the space safe and sanitized.
- You will be required to wear a mask except for while you are taking communion.
- There will be no handouts, bulletins, or connect cards.
Overview: Summer worship during phase two will be on Sunday morning only and will be primarily outdoors. There will also be an 8am traditional service in the Worship Center. We are working to have a Zoom broadcast option for 8am and livestream options for 9:30am and 11:00am. There will be no Saturday or Monday service during this phase.
- Once phase two begins, we will only be having services at:
- 8am WORSHIP CENTER (traditional)
- 9:30am and 11am OUTDOOR on North Field
- We are planning a Zoom broadcast for 8am and livestreaming outdoor 9:30am and 11am.
- Outdoor worship will be moved to the North Field. This allows more space to spread out.
- If inclement weather:
- We will encourage online worship.
- We will still hold on-site services at 8am, 9:30am and 11am but they will be indoors
- Facemasks will be required to participate at all worship services indoors
- We will spread into four indoor locations to accommodate the large worshiping numbers while still maintaining the social distance requirements and the gathering size requirements. These locations will be the Worship Center, Community Center, Stomps Center and Chapel.
- You will be required to wear a mask to participate in any indoor service. This includes the 8am service and any inclement weather services indoors.
- For outdoor service you will be able to get out of your car and bring lawn chairs to sit in. Lawn flags will be placed in a grid and one family unit may sit at each flag. There will be a designated space near the front of the field with even further distanced flags for seniors and those who are taking extra precautions. There will be no bleachers.
- Service will be touchless. You will be able to worship, and participate without any contact except your individual communion elements when that is offered.
- Giving will be focused primarily on digital giving. There will also be a few droboxes for those who prefer check/cash giving.
- There will be no bulletins or connect cards. These services will all continue to be digital.
- The bulletin and service order will be available in the Immanuel Weekly on Thursday of each week so you can print in preparation for the weekend service if you prefer.
- There will be no nursery available.
Overview: Worship services will take place again in the Worship Center with a focus on continued safety for all and especially for any who have limited immune systems or the elderly. Depending on the current status of the coronavirus, there may be limitations for the sake of safety.
- Touch free as much as possible. Offering still primarily digital or through drops at doors.
- Nursery, kids’ ministry, bible study and other close proximity ministries may look different.
- Accommodate ways for those who need extra distance and safety measures certain areas to worship.
- Communion will be done in a safe and sanitary manner, limiting what is touched.