Reopening Worship Plans
Sunday’s Only (Sat and Mon Livestream)
8:00am – Worship Center
9:30am – Outdoor North Field
11:00am – Outdoor North Field
Outdoor Service Details
Outdoor service is one of the best parts of summer! We will be on the NORTH field which allows us more room to spread out. Be sure to bring a lawn chair or a blanket for you and your family. The bulletin and lyrics will all be online, easily accessed on your phone here on our weekly bulletin page. https://immlutheran.org/weekly. If you prefer to print your song lyrics ahead of time they will be finalized by Thursday evening.
Inclement Weather Contingency
In the event weather is not ideal for outdoor services we will still hold on-site worship at all three Sunday morning times: 8, 9:30 and 11am. We will seat starting in the Worship Center, then use the Community Center and Stomps Center as overflow to stay within the guidelines for mitigating the COVID-19 virus. For indoor worship, we ask that you follow CDC guidelines and wear a mask and maintain the social distancing requirements.
Phase Two – Takes effect once we can safely gather in larger numbers (Sunday, June 28)
Overview: Summer worship during phase two will be on Sunday morning only and will be primarily outdoors. There will also be an 8am traditional service in the Worship Center. We are working to have a Zoom broadcast option for 8am and livestream options for 9:30am and 11:00am. There will be no Saturday or Monday service during this phase.
- Once phase two begins, we will only be having services at:
- 8am WORSHIP CENTER (traditional)
- 9:30am and 11am OUTDOOR on North Field
- We are planning a Zoom broadcast for 8am and livestreaming outdoor 9:30am and 11am.
- Outdoor worship will be moved to the North Field. This allows more space to spread out.
- If inclement weather:
- We will encourage online worship.
- We will still hold onsite services at 8am, 9:30am and 11am but they will be indoors
- According to CDC guidelines, masks are to be worn for any indoor service.
- We will utilize up to four indoor locations to accommodate the large worshiping numbers while still maintaining the social distance requirements and the gathering size requirements. These locations will be the Worship Center, Community Center, Stomps Center and Chapel.
- According to CDC guidelines masks are to be worn for indoor gatherings. This includes the 8am service and any inclement weather services indoors.
- For outdoor service you will be able to get out of your car and bring lawn chairs to sit in. Lawn flags will be placed in a grid and one family unit may sit at each flag. There will be a designated space near the front of the field with even further distanced flags for seniors and those who are taking extra precautions. There will be no bleachers.
- Service will be touchless. You will be able to worship, and participate without any contact except your individual communion elements when that is offered.
- Giving will be focused primarily on digital giving. There will also be a few droboxes for those who prefer check/cash giving.
- There will be no bulletins or connect cards. These services will all continue to be digital.
- The bulletin and service order will be available in the Immanuel Weekly on Thursday of each week so you can print in preparation for the weekend service if you prefer.
- There will be no nursery available.
Overview: Worship services will take place again in the Worship Center with a focus on continued safety for all and especially for any who have limited immune systems or the elderly. Depending on the current status of the coronavirus, there may be limitations for the sake of safety.
- Touch free as much as possible. Offering still primarily digital or through drops at doors.
- Nursery, kids’ ministry, bible study and other close proximity ministries may look different.
- Accommodate ways for those who need extra distance and safety measures certain areas to worship.
- Communion will be done in a safe and sanitary manner, limiting what is touched.