Immanuel Weekly Bulletin
As we near the start of a new school & preschool year, please keep administration, teachers,
students and families in your prayers.
Noah’s Nursery will be available for all children ages 3 and under. The nursery will be available at the 9am, 10am, and 11am services. Please note the following guidelines will be followed:
- All volunteers will wear a mask and face shield at all times.
- All volunteers will use hand sanitizers.
- All toys will be used by one child only and any used will be cleaned after each service.
- We will be using blankets for Outdoor services in a safe place close to the service area.
- Child is to be picked up promptly during the last song before the end of Service.
- Parents will not be allowed into the nursery area.
- No food will be allowed in the nursery. If a child needs water, the parent will provide a water bottle with the child’s name clearly marked.
If you have any questions or if you are able to volunteer, please contact our Nursery Director, Sharon McPeak at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a Bible-believing church, we affirm the Scripture’s teaching on the Lord’s Supper. If you say “yes” and “amen” to the following questions, then please, taste and see the Lord’s goodness for you:
Are you baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit?
Are you a sinner?
Do you believe God?s love and forgiveness is yours?
Do you desire to repent and turn away from your sins?
Do you believe the body and blood is present in, with, and under the bread and wine?
News and Notes
Healing: Nancy Mullen, Bill Perryman, Martha Perryman, Tom Murray, Jim Wheeler, Seling Farrington Williams, Fred Hawkins III, Kathleen Billingsley, Doris Roose, Tyler Steffey, Bill Stevenson, Jennifer Probst, Ardith Kraatz.
Eternal Rest: Charlotte Stroud, Alice Moldenhauer
Birthdays: Carol Pawlitz
Anniversaries: Frank & Rebecca Mulholland, Joe & CHeri Wargo, Nikolai & Toni Gibbons, Dan & Jennifer Kassel
Baptism: Through the miracle of baptism, we welcome into the family of God:
Luke David Firchau, Levi Peter Firchau, Lorelai Elizabeth Firchau, children of Samuel & Rachel Firchau
David Warren Lamb
Missions We Support: Project Kenya in Africa
Ministry of the Month: School Kids & their families
Local School in our District: Dakota HS
Local Church: St Luke Clinton Twp
- Confirmation will have a new look this year, as well! Lessons will be made available to families to do at home as well as monthly modules. Details will be sent to the families already enrolled by the end of August. If your child is entering 5th grade, they are eligible to register and get started in October. For more information and to register: https://immlutheran.org/confirmation/
- Volunteers are needed as mentors for Confirmation students. If you would like to join a Zoom on Monday, August 10th for more information, contact Karen Reincke – email@example.com.
Immanuel Lutheran School – Student Internship
- Would you like to gain experience and perspective, and start building your skills as a future educator during this unprecedented and exciting time in education? We are searching for aspiring educators to partner with Immanuel and our K-8 teachers for an internship experience this school year. Immanuel is providing an opportunity for student interns to gain hands-on experience by shadowing and providing vital support to our experienced educators, while gaining valuable experience and scheduled professional development for themselves. Teachers are our future and we are looking to inspire, encourage, and recruit students who are considering teaching as a future career.
- Qualifications: –
- Must be at least a Senior in High School/18 years of age and enrolled/seeking to enroll in a teaching program
- Must have a positive, willing, Christian attitude to learn and grow
- Must have technology knowledge and experience
- Must be willing to have a background check and comply with all building and school safety protocols
- Internship runs from August 12 – December 9, 2020
- Minimum of 5 hours per week working with Immanuel K-8 teacher(s), depending on intern’s availability
- 1 hour per week of professional development in various pertinent areas of teaching
- Google Classroom full-day training (September 8, 2020)
- Other optional training will be available
- Interested? Send your letter of interest to Kelly Prisby at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 11th.
- Note: While this internship is not monetarily compensated, interns will receive guaranteed experience in a school setting, as well as invaluable professional development and resume building references.
- When I first heard about Immanuel Lutheran’s meal ministry, I immediately signed up. I too have a passion for cooking and believe that God gave me this talent to help serve others. The meal ministry serves families who are going through challenging times such as an illness or a transitional period in which the family is welcoming the birth of a new child. Eight years ago, my mom had a severe stroke. She was in the hospital for 6 weeks. During this time a group of women I worked with secretly put together a meal ministry train for my family. To them it was nothing, they loved to cook and wanted to help our family. To our family it meant so much more. It allowed for us to spend some family time together, allowed us to rest, and allowed us to replenish our strength.
- If you are looking to serve and love to cook, please considering joining the meal ministry. Once signed up, you will receive email invites of meal trains as they are needed. At that time, you can then sign up to take a family a meal. If you are interested, please email Katie Pring at email@example.com. God Bless, Katie Pring.
Immanuel Golf Outing
We are about a month away from our 28th annual Golf outing! Register today and enjoy the fun! The Immanuel Athletic program is excited to continue this event for our Immanuel families planned for August 15th (Timberwood Golf Course 23700 31 Mile Rd, Ray Twp, 48096)! Open to the first 36 teams, so get your foursomes together and get ready for some friendly competition and fun twists on the course! Check out the flyer and sponsorship forms.
MONTH OF August
Monthly Giving Budget
Monthly Giving To Date
Thrivent – How to Convince Your Kids They Don’t Need Student Loans. Join your local Thrivent Member Network for Debt-Free College Planning. Monday, August 10th at 7:30pm. Flyer.
Right to Life of North Macomb will host their 5th annual Bike for Life on Saturday, August 15th at St Clement of Rome church at 343 S. Main St, Romeo Sign-in begins at 8am. T-shirt and Lunch provided . Entry fee is $30. For more info, call Charlie at 586-453-8641 or to download a flyer. Also check out the fyelr for the upcoming 2020 Annual Benefit Dinner September 15, 2020.
Text “immlutheran” to 77977 or go to www.immlutheran.org/give
You can give by card number or directly from your bank account. After the one-time account setup, you can easily manage giving through your app!
If you have questions, the finance office will be glad to help.
586-286-4231 ext 1 firstname.lastname@example.org