Immanuel Weekly Bulletin
May can’t come fast enough! We are looking forward to the warmer weather, sunshine and of course the outdoor service! Starting the first Sunday in May (5/2), the 9:30am and 11:00am services will be outdoors on the North Field.
The multi-purpose room located by the worship center bathrooms is getting a new entranceway. We are happy to provide details that the multi-purpose room will now have accessibility to our bathrooms so that it is a more useable space for groups. The new entranceway will allow Immanuel to offer this space to be used for internal and external meetings.
Communion will be held at all services on April 25th.
If you aren’t comfortable coming to a large gathering but still want to receive communion, you and your household can sign up to receive communion in the Chapel between 8am and Noon. Indicate how many will be taking Communion. Enter through the North Doors. Go to: https://signup.com/go/ZtBAKzP
- Check your garage or shed for any bikes! On Saturday, April 17th from 10-noon, we will be collecting bikes to be donated to the Good News Gang in SW Detroit. These bikes will be fixed up by a team of experts and then given to the families in Detroit. We will also take donations of new bike helmets, bike locks, water bottle attachments and fun bike accessories like horns or baskets. If you would like to help collecting or bringing the bikes to Good News Gang, please contact Karen Reincke.
We are currently worshiping both online and in-person at 8, 9:30, & 11am. Capacity of 300 per service as of 3/3/21.
- With latest state regulations the capacity for large spaces is now max 300. Therefore, our limit has moved up to 300 capacity of the Worship Center.
- Masks are still required while in the building and we ask they remain on even while sitting.
- Communion will be twice a month and held on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month.
- Connect Card information- You will now be asked to identify that you are worshiping in-person.
- Clearer marking and division of seating to keep proper physical distancing.
- All our other safety procedures and cleaning will remain in place as well.
- The Nursery will be available with safety procedures at the 9:30am and 11am services.
- Online Worship is also available
As a Bible-believing church, we affirm the Scripture’s teaching on the Lord’s Supper. If you say “yes” and “amen” to the following questions, then please, taste and see the Lord’s goodness for you:
Are you baptized in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit?
Are you a sinner?
Do you believe God’s love and forgiveness is yours?
Do you desire to repent and turn away from your sins?
Do you believe the body and blood is present in, with, and under the bread and wine?
News and Notes
Healing: Terry Muzynski, Peggy Burow, Holly Kerstner, Patricia Chezowski, Craig Oshnock, Glen Jacques, Audra Milligan, Gary Pawlitz.
Birthdays: Marcella Smith, Matt Smith, Mike Lutz, Alliana Pagel.
Weddings: Lindsey LaDuke & Carl Marinelli
Brianna Gorman & Jason Livernois
Baptisms: Through the miracle of baptism, we welcome into the family of God:
Louis Paul DeVoogd, son of Daryn DeVoogd and Brittany Wise
Missions We Support: Pastor Alcamar Prando serving in Brazil
Ministry Of The Month: Marriage Ministry
Local School In Our District: LHN
Local Church: Christ New Baltimore
Pray for those who stand outside the kingdom of God
due to a lack of relationship with Jesus.
Krista Jacques & Lisa Kling – Retirement Celebration AND
Joel Neumeyer – Anniversary Celebration
We have the joy of celebrating some dedicated servants in our community – Krista Jacques (3rd grade teacher) and Lisa Kling (Preschool teacher) on their retirement from full time ministry and Joel Neumeyer (Principal) on his 25 years in ministry and 15 years at Immanuel.
We invite you to join us and the rest of our community in praising God for Krista, Lisa, and Joel. We will honor them at all services on Sunday, May 16th with a celebration immediately following the 9:30 am and 11:00 am services in the Community Center.
We would like to give a gift to Krista, Lisa, and Joel on behalf of the congregation. Below are links for you to follow to contribute to their gift. This gift is tax-deductible. You may send in a check to the Business Office if you prefer, made payable to “Immanuel Lutheran Church”, listing whom the gift is for in the memo line. Please submit your gift by May 9th.
- Mrs. Krista Jacques – Immanuel has been blessed by Mrs. Jacques and her teaching ministry for 35 years. Mrs. Jacques also served at St. John, New Haven for 4 years, totaling 39 years in ministry. Her ability to love and teach all kids with insight and wisdom is inspiring. More than anything, her love for Jesus has been shared with countless students, parents, and colleagues. We wish Krista, Tim (husband), and Bethany (daughter) a wonderful retirement. Click here – Retirement Gift for Mrs. Jacques
- Mrs. Lisa Kling – Lisa has served at Immanuel in our preschool for 34 years. Lisa has served as a lead preschool teacher and leader of our Praise and Play programs over that time. Lisa’s love for kids and heart for teaching has been a blessing to so many students and families. We wish Lisa and her husband, Scott, a wonderful retirement. Click here – Retirement Gift for Mrs. Kling
- Mr. Joel Neumeyer – Joel is celebrating 25 years in ministry and15 years here at Immanuel. He currently serves as our school’s fearless leader. Joel has been Principal for 7 years, and prior to that, served as a fifth grade teacher at Immanuel and a middle school teacher at St. Luke. Joel leads our school with fierce but steady calm, and has gracefully steered the ship through COVID and moving into our new building. Joel’s greatest strength is his servant’s heart, and he is always willing to step in and help anyone in need. We thank Joel for his commitment and dedication and 25 years in ministry. Click here – Anniversary Gift for Mr. Joel Neumeyer
It is an honor to honor others…and we remember the words of Paul in Philippians 1:3-5 “I thank God in all my remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now.”
Outdoor Cleanup and Grass Seeding.
- We will have Heritage Oak Landscaping on site working on removal of a few inches of rock and other debris from the Stomp center, playgrounds and outdoor basketball court. This will result in a very muddy area that should not be walked on. Once the new top soil is laid we will be hydroseeding the areas and it is very important that we keep everyone off of the fresh seed. The area will be taped off that should not be used.
Summer Day Camp at Immanuel
- If you are looking fun, learning, and friendship this summer, check out Immanuel’s Summer Day Camp. Our camp is are designed to be a safe and positive environment for children to grow and thrive. Our camps will fill your child’s summer with life-long memories consisting of Bible times, outdoor/indoor play, nature walks, organized gym activity, crafts, games, and much more. For more information and to register, click here.
- The nursery is open during the 9:30 and 11am services. Safety and cleaning procedures are in place to make this a great experience for your child. Also, the kids learn bible stories, songs and pray as they are playing with our amazing team. Would you like to be a volunteer in the nursery? Please contact Sharon McPeak.
- Each week, go to www.immlutheran.org/kids to see the weekly kids ministry videos made for your family. Share the link and invite your friends and family across the country to watch, too!
Food Drive: Saturday, May 15th 9am til noon. Community Wide Food Drive drop off at St Isidore Church at 18201 23 Mile Rd in Macomb. Immanuel is one of the pantries that will be benefiting from this food drive. Flyer.
Camp Arcadia, a Lutheran family resort on the shores of Lake Michigan in Northwest Michigan are looking for college-aged summer staff. We are looking for fun-loving young people that want to work hard, challenge themselves to grow and develop, make new friends as they join an intentional Christian community. If you know of someone who might be interested have them contact Assistant Director, Jess, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 989-928-5004. Also, to learn more go to camp-arcadia.com.
Blood Drive – Red Cross will be doing a blood drive here at Immanuel Lutheran on Friday, April 9th from 9am to 3pm. Sign up to give blood at: https://www.redcrossblood.org
Sunday, April 11th Giving *Weekly Giving Goal Over/Under
Text “immlutheran” to 77977 or go to www.immlutheran.org/give
You can give by card number or directly from your bank account. After the one-time account setup, you can easily manage giving through your app!
If you have questions, the finance office will be glad to help.
586-286-4231 ext 1 email@example.com