Immanuel Weekly Bulletin
One of the best ways to ‘Be Still’ is to simply rest. Easier said than done but God graciously invites us to once a week, take a break from the chaos of life and rest in Him and what He has done for us. This rhythm and invite is rooted in creation itself.
Read Gen. 2:1-3 and be ready to make a plan to rest.
Special Voters’ Meeting for
Sunday, Jan. 24th at 2pm
Please register here by Friday, January 22nd at Noon. Registration helps us prepare the proper spaces. There is no cap on the registration. We will host as many as want to participate. If you need special accommodations please talk with Pastor Michael (firstname.lastname@example.org). Here is a copy of the letter emailed to all Members.
- Make being in the Word part of your habit this New Year. It will speak to your life and fuel your purpose. There are a variety of studies to choose and even a new one kicking off led by the Elder team at Immanuel! All Bible studies are currently virtual. Bible Study
June 12th Voter’s Meeting
- Went over the State of Immanuel and how God was at work in her Church and School and finances.
- Voters extended a call to Katie Mead our current 8th grade teacher who finished her certification to be a rostered Lutheran teacher.
- Message from Michigan District President Maier on Jan. 6th Capitol Riots.
We are currently worshiping both online and in-person at 8, 9:30, & 11am. In order to do our best to keep one another safe and our community safe, we are incorporating more safe guards:
- Lowering capacity from 250 to 100 per service (in line with state guidelines).
- Masks are still required while in the building and we ask they remain on even while sitting.
- Communion will be once a month and held on the 4th Sunday of the month.
- Connect Card information- You will now be asked to identify that you are worshiping in-person.
- Clearer marking and division of seating to keep proper physical distancing.
- All our other safety procedures and cleaning will remain in place as well.
- The Nursery will be available with safety procedures at the 9:30am and 11am services beginning January 3rd.
- Online Worship is also available
As a Bible-believing church, we affirm the Scripture’s teaching on the Lord’s Supper. If you say “yes” and “amen” to the following questions, then please, taste and see the Lord’s goodness for you:
Are you baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit?
Are you a sinner?
Do you believe God?s love and forgiveness is yours?
Do you desire to repent and turn away from your sins?
Do you believe the body and blood is present in, with, and under the bread and wine?
News and Notes
Healing: Jack Smith, Karen Rothenhauser, Jim DuBay, Julia Cundy, Jim Craig, Bill Kling, Pastor Loest, Mike Lesnau, Shannon Tuffy, William Cather, Candy Charbeneau, Janice Moldenhauer.
Eternal Rest: Larry Miller, Shirley Beck.
Birthdays: Christopher Bickmann, Matthew Styers, Anna Gentz, Lindsey Joyce.
Baptism: Through the miracle of baptism, we welcome into the family of God:
Olive Patrice Zimmerman, daughter of RJ & Anna Zimmerman
Missions We Support: Time & Beth Heiney serving in Guinea West Africa
Ministry of the Month: Ladies Aid
Local School in our District: MLHN
Local Church: Christ New Baltimore
Pray for those who stand outside the kingdom of God
due to a lack of relationship with Jesus.
Memorials have been given in the name of:
Teri Wesley by Michelle Bracali
Virginia Frendt by Beverly & David Lockwood, Donald & Dorothea Kurek, Nancy McCleary, Dean & Susan Bruyneel, Leslie Coppens, Robert & Audrey Scott, Russell & Karen Blumke, Robin & Rod Braun, Jeffrey & Marsha Wetter, Terry & Elaine Davis.
Additional Bible Studies
Bible in a Year 2021: Over 200 people read through the bible in 2020 as an Immanuel community. We would love to have YOU join us in 2021 as we go through it in chronological order. The book that we will be using is: “Day by Day Chronological Bible” with daily readings. There is a FB group (search Bible in a Year/Karen Reincke) to join for encouragement and insights. Email Karen if you would like more details.
Wednesday Bible Study
- We are digging into the final days of Jesus’ time on earth s recorded in Luke. Join us via Zoom Wed mornings at 10am or evening at 6:30pm. The next study will begin on Feb 3 and will be a study on Acts and the Life of Paul (an early church leader who wrote 13 books of the Bible). Anyone is welcome to be a part of this study!
First Grade Bible Gifting:
- The Ceremony will be held on February 7th. If you have a first grader and missed the workshop this past week and would still like to be a part of this milestone event, please contact Karen Reincke.
Grab your PJs and join our watch party!
- Tween girls and moms are invited to a True Girl PJ watch party. This global event will be on Friday, January 22nd at 6:30pm. Grab some friends in your pod and have a great time learning about God’s truths for tweens. Post pictures on our Social Media sites as you watch. Tickets.
- The nursery is open during the 9:30 and 11am services. Safety and cleaning procedures are in place to make this a great experience for your child. Also, the kids learn bible stories, songs and pray as they are playing with our amazing team. Would you like to be a volunteer in the nursery? Please contact Sharon McPeak.
Need someone to talk to about parenting during this crazy time in history and for ideas/resources or just ways to cope? Our Family Life team is always ready to listen and help. Contact Karen Reincke to set up a time with one of our team members.
Mel Ott Baseball League
- If you are thinking of signing your kid(s) up for baseball this spring/summer, Mel Ott is a great baseball program to be a part of. Mel Ott is a youth baseball league for grades K-8th. Immanuel teams compete against several local churches with a philosophy of teaching baseball fundamentals while promoting Christian values and sportsmanship.
- Immanuel Mel Ott Registration is open from now until Friday, February 5th.
- Open registration is now available on Immanuel’s website under the Athletics drop down tab.
- You can also register by clicking here – Immanuel Mel Ott Baseball Registration Form
If you have any questions, please contact Jeff Warren: Jwarren@immlutheran.org
MONTH OF JANUARY
Monthly Giving Budget
Monthly Giving To Date
Balance to Reach Goal
Text “immlutheran” to 77977 or go to www.immlutheran.org/give
You can give by card number or directly from your bank account. After the one-time account setup, you can easily manage giving through your app!
If you have questions, the finance office will be glad to help.
586-286-4231 ext 1 email@example.com