Immanuel Weekly Bulletin
We are getting started early on our Christmas Assistance program. You can impact the lives of 200+ children in our community by participating in the Giving Tree this year. Purchase a gift from our Amazon Wish List ,clicking here or giving through push pay at immlutheran.org/give and scrolling to “Giving Tree”.
Get ready to [RE]discover Faithful Living
- As a church community, this November, we are challenging one another to Rediscover the life we have in Jesus. We are focusing on key areas of the Christian life : time, talent and treasure. We want to connect you with intentional ways to serve. We want to encourage you to find your passions and talents, and use them as an extension of following Jesus. We want you to see your treasures as an opportunity to invest in God’s kingdom work and to change lives. Through the message series, prayer and fun events we will Rediscover faithful living.
- Check out the video of Pastor Michael and Pastor Nikolai as they encourage us to [RE]discover faithful living.
- To kick off the series on November 8th we are celebrating Our Story His Glory and all in person services (8, 9:30 & 11) will be held in the Stomps Center!
Celebrate – Flip the Trunk
- Due to Covid restrictions, we had to change up our annual Trunk N Treat to Flip the Trunk. Families dropped off candy, got some goodies and a pumpkin and took a family picture. It was a beautiful day of blessings! The prayer blanket ministry made prayer pillows to be donated, as well. In all, a lot of candy and pillows as well as some other goodies, were brought by Wes Whitlam and his family to the Good News Gang in SW Detroit. Thank you to all who donated and volunteered to make this a fun event. Also, a special thank you to the Maceri’s who donated the pumpkins and treats for our volunteers.
- All services are indoors in the Worship Center
- Masks required.
- Worship Center capacity 250 with overflow procedures in place.
- Cleaning between services.
- Continuing to follow the Health Department Guidelines with your safety and that of the community in mind.
As a Bible-believing church, we affirm the Scripture’s teaching on the Lord’s Supper. If you say “yes” and “amen” to the following questions, then please, taste and see the Lord’s goodness for you:
Are you baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit?
Are you a sinner?
Do you believe God?s love and forgiveness is yours?
Do you desire to repent and turn away from your sins?
Do you believe the body and blood is present in, with, and under the bread and wine?
News and Notes
Healing: Allison Starkey, Brianna Steffen, Michael Stomps, Joyce Miceli, Tyler Steffey, Casey Watson.
Eternal Rest: Maureeen Getts, Constance Hauersperger
Birthdays: Mayla Gibbons
Wedding: Olivia Hilton & Dillon Durocher
Anniversaries: Ryan & Kim Pagel, Gerald & Marjorie Engel
Baptism: Through the miracle of baptism, we welcome into the family of God:
Addisyn Ava Justice, daughter of Derek Justice & Melissa Myers
Cameron Fuller Sprowitz, Cole William Sprowitz, sons of Timothy & Michelle Sprowitz
Gino Matthew Smith & Marcella Riann Smith, children of Matthew & Riann Borrocci-Smith
Special: Lead/Sr. Pastor call process and the upcoming elections.
Missions We Support: HopeChest
Ministry of the Month: Immanuel’s Men’s Club
Local School in our District: Chippewa Valley HS
Local Church: Christ New Baltimore
Pray for those who stand outside the kingdom of God
due to a lack of relationship with Jesus.
- This past weekend, 38 students confirmed their baptismal faith at our Confirmation service. It was a personal celebratory service with 4 families at a time. The students confirmed their membership at Immanuel, took communion with their families and started a new chapter in their faith life. Please continue to pray for our students and their faith.
- Sunday, November 8, 2020
- 12:15pm – 3pm
- Treasure Hunt Video
- Prepare for a treasure hunt like no other! The Immanuel Treasure Hunt will expand your horizons, get your creative juices flowing, and take you on an adventure to various locations – all while learning more about Immanuel’s amazing impact on the community. Event details can be found on our website or on our Facebook page. Register your team of no more than 6 people by Saturday, November 7th. There is no cost to register, but please be prepared to submit a creative Team Name – and then get ready for some good ‘ole friendly competition and fun!
- Livestream Results at 5pm.
- Join Greg and Susan Finke (experts in Christian parenting) on Tuesday, November 10 at 1 p.m. (Eastern) as they will unpack how to intentionally disciple your children to be life-long followers of Jesus. Click here to join.
- Starting this month, families can receive themed lessons to do at home or with a small group. Each month there will be 4 lessons: a video that presents the theme, Bible event and song, a video of an activity (craft or game), a recipe that ties into the theme, and a family service opportunity. Find out how your family can stay connected with Sunday morning Kids Ministry and register here.
|MONTH OF OCTOBER||Percent to
|Monthly Giving Budget||$ 114,249.28|
|Monthly Giving To Date||$ 113,738.64||100%|
|Balance to Reach Goal||$ (510.64)|
Text “immlutheran” to 77977 or go to www.immlutheran.org/give
You can give by card number or directly from your bank account. After the one-time account setup, you can easily manage giving through your app!
If you have questions, the finance office will be glad to help.
586-286-4231 ext 1 email@example.com